Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slap Dash Sketches - "Once Upon a Time in the West" 1

Blogging twice in one week. Stop the presses, chief!! One of the signs of Armageddon has happened!

"Why, oh god why?" I hear you moan.
Good question.

Well, since I'm supposed to be keeping this blog thing updated now I have a fancy 'puter, I might as well get back into some other old habits while I'm on a roll. Namely One Hour Slap Dash Sketches.

Back in my Cartoon Portraits in Shopping Mall days, I would practice in my time off sketching something that interested me. Since the only thing that interested me most the time were movies, I would pick a scene or two from a favourite movie and sketch it for one hour. No rules except it had to be one hour exact and no erasers allowed except for rubbing out scummy hand smears and stress teardrops on the page.
The result of this whole exercise usually ends up being pretty embarrassing but hey... you guys won't laugh at me, will ya? ( I hope like hell you're nodding in agreement otherwise I'll just go back to living in my spiderhole.)

Well, here goes.
I'll probably make this a once a week thing on the blog.
The movie scene for this week is the opening of "Once Upon a Time in the West"
Remember, be gentle. It's been a long time since I've done this.

1 comment: